Monday, December 15, 2008

....Cookies for Santa........

Christmas and baking cookies seem to go hand in hand with me and my family during the holidays. This past weekend, I got to share the fun of baking cookies with Addyson. We went to my mom's house since she has a lot more elbow room in her kitchen than mine. We ended up having a cookie baking marathon and I'm still trying to recover. The bulk of the cookies were baked on Saturday, but Addyson fell asleep before we were ready to decorate the cut-out cookies. So, I saved some dough so that we could bake cookies on Sunday. She had a blast...and she was a really good helper. She had the important job of sprinkling the cookies after they had icing on them. She also like licking the sprinkle shaker.... Please be advised, these cookies were not distributed to others outside of our home LOL

If you've never looked at the Pioneer Woman website/blog...run, don't walk to the nearest computer and check her out...these next couple of shots are Pioneer Woman-esque cooking shots... (I love her!)





Addyson is getting excited about the first batch of cookies coming out of the oven...


Addyson loves her some M&M's...so she was super excited to decorate with them...




My sprinkle assistant trys out her first cut-out cookie



Please feel sorry for me...I have to clean up this mess!


This is what happens when you've taste-tested WAY too many sprinkles!

2 comments:

*Jennifer* said...

ooohhh-fun! you have the cutest little helper ever! she is just adorable. looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

lol that is an adorable picture of Addyson! Too Cute!!!

Cadance